The ICAC RESEARCHER OF THE YEAR AWARD
The ICAC RESEARCHER OF THE YEAR AWARD is internationally recognized as the top-most award in cotton science. It is globally accepted as the most prestigious and the highest International recognition for cotton scientists. The Award was initiated by the International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC) in 2009 and as of now it is the only International Award for Cotton Scientists.
THE CRITERIA USED TO GRANT THE AWARD
Researchers from Universities and Public Sector Research Organizations, working in any discipline of cotton production and processing research are eligible to apply for the award. Researchers can apply directly or through heads of their institutions. The ICAC and the Award Panel accept applications (on-line) from February 1 to March 31 each year and the winner is announced in the last week of April.
Applications are evaluated by an Award Panel consisting of five experts located in at least four countries. The Award Panel is anonymous and known only to the chairman of the Award Panel and the ICAC. Applicants will be judged based on the evidence of scientific contribution (research papers, citations, books, patents, innovations, technologies developed and commercialized); awards/recognition (national and international), major contributions to the cotton industry and overall impact on the cotton sector.
The winner is conferred with the title “ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year” and receives a trophy, certificate and an honorarium of US$ 1000 at the ICAC Plenary meeting where 35 to 40 Governments are represented. The winner will be invited to make a special presentation at the ICAC Plenary Meeting.
PREVIOUS WINNERS OF THE ‘ICAC RESEARCHER OF THE YEAR AWARD’
- Dr. Keshava Raj Kranthi, India. ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year 2009
- Dr. Fred Bourland, USA. ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year 2010
- Dr. Sukumar Saha, USA, ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year 2011
- Dr. Yusuf Zafar, Pakistan. ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year 2012
- Dr. Andrew H. Paterson, ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year 2012
- Dr. Ibrokhim Y. Abdurakhmonov, Uzbekistan. ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year 2013
- Dr. Mehboob-ur-Rahman, Pakistan. ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year 2014
- Dr. Greg Constable, Australia. ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year 2015
- Dr. McCarthy. USA. ICAC Researcher of the Year Award winner 2016
- Dr. David M. Stelly. USA. ICAC Researcher of the Year Award winner 2017
- Dr Baohong Zhang, USA. ICAC Researcher of the Year Award winner 2018
Return the Nomination Package here with the subject ‘ICAC RESEARCHER AWARD 2019 APPLICATION’.
Application Details to the 2019 Award
- The application form titled ‘Nomination Package’ can be downloaded from 2019 AWARD NOMINATION PACKAGE
- Applications received in any other format and/or incomplete in any respect shall not be considered.
- Researchers from universities and public sector research organisations can apply for the award directly or through their heads of institutions.
- Researchers from all disciplines of cotton production research, including ginning, fibre quality and textile research are eligible for the award.
- Only researchers from ICAC members are qualified to apply.
- The list of ICAC members (countries including EU nations) can be found at ICAC Members
- Previous applicants can re-apply afresh using the 2019 Nomination Package.
- The last date for applications is 31st March 2019.
- Please send your completed form to email@example.com with the subject ‘ICAC RESEARCHER AWARD 2019 APPLICATION’.
- The applications will be received directly by the Award Selection Panel.
- An independent Award Panel, consisting of five experts from at least four countries, representing the major disciplines in cotton, evaluates and decides the ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year.
- The Award Panel is anonymous and known only to the Chairman of the Award Panel.
- The Award Panel will judge nominees based on evidence of: major innovative and impactful achievements and contributions to the cotton sector; awards/recognitions (National and International); publications (citations, peer-reviewed papers, books, chapters and conferences presentations).
- The Chairman of the Award Selection Panel will notify the ICAC Secretariat of the winner.
- The winner will be announced on 1st May 2019.
- The winner will receive a shield, an honorarium of US$1,000, a certificate, and the title “ICAC Cotton Researcher of the Year” at the Plenary Meeting of the ICAC in Brisbane, Australia during 2-6th December 2019.
- The winner will be invited to make a special presentation at the Plenary Meeting on his/her contributions to cotton research and his/her vision for the future.