World Cotton Statistics
Economics & Statistics
World Cotton Statitics is a large Excel spreadsheet that includes:
- World cotton supply/demand statistics since 1920/21 and by country since 1940/41 to date.
- Production, area, yield, consumption, imports, exports and stocks.
- Five-year projections. Monthly and seasonal average prices of cotton and polyester;
- Comparison of ICAC forecasts since 2001/02 with actual results.
It provides as well:
- An overview of factors affecting world cotton prices including the outlook for production and consumption in major countries,
- Changes in world stocks and government policies affecting trade in cotton and textile.
- Statistics on aggregate world cotton supply and use, with forecast of average prices for the following season.
Details: available on an USB drive.
Publisher: International Cotton Advisory Committee - ICAC