The ICAC Expert Panel on Social, Environmental and Economic Performance of Cotton Production (SEEP) is working in partnership with BCI to make global cotton production better for the people who produce it, better for the environment it grows in and better for the sector’s future.
1. BCI Regional Coordinator: Africa
2. BCI Regional Coordinator: South Asia
Monday 6th April, 2009
The Regional coordinators in Africa and South Asia will be the key BCI representatives in the region. This is a crucial role in the implementation of the Better Cotton System, and will involve:
(1) Regional stakeholder engagement across the supply chain and beyond.
(2) Promoting BCI Production Principles & Enabling Mechanisms.
(3) Managing Farm & Impact Assessment.
(4) Coordinating the supply chain.
(5) Facilitating information management.
(6) Other regional management work.
Profile of the successful candidate
The Regional Coordinators will have knowledge and experience of the cotton sector in the region in particular regarding farm production practices and the cotton supply chain. They will have a higher education qualification and be interested in, and have experience of, the issues of sustainability, preferably in agriculture or development. They will be willing and able to travel frequently within the region and internationally. If in Africa will be fluent in French and English, and if in South Asia will be fluent in Hindi / Urdu and English.
One year with scope for extension
See BCI webpage: http://www.bettercotton.org/site.php?7,28